每日一诗(6.6):If We Must Die

来源:CET3    发布时间:2012-12-31    CET3辅导视频    评论

  If We Must Die
  若我们必须牺牲

  If we must die, let it not be like hogs
  若我们必须牺牲,不要像猪一般死去
  Hunted and penned in an inglorious spot,
  被囚禁在一个不体面的处所,
  While round us bark the mad and hungry dogs
  疯狂而饥饿的狗在我们周围吠叫
  Making their mock at our accursed lot;
  嘲笑我们不幸的命运;
  If we must die, O let us nobly die,
  若我们必须牺牲,啊 让我体面的死去
  So that our precious blood may not be shed
  这样我们高贵的血不会白流
  In vain; then even the monsters we defy
  那时,就算是我们所蔑视的妖魔们,
  Shall be constrained to honour us though dead.
  也会在我们死后不得不表示尊敬。
  O kinsmen! We must meet the common foe!
  啊 同胞们!我们有着共同的敌人! 说流利英语的秘密
  Though far outnumbered let us show us brave,
  尽管敌人数目众多,让我们鼓起勇气来,
  And for their thousand blows deal one death blow!
  把对他们的万千控诉汇成致命一击!
  What though before us lies the open grave?
  就算在我们面前敞开坟墓又如何?
  Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack.
  像真的猛士一般直面惨淡的人生
  pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
  被逼到墙角等死不如奋起一搏!
  Claude McKay
  克劳德 麦凯

视频学习

我考网版权与免责声明

① 凡本网注明稿件来源为"原创"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属本网所有。任何媒体、网站或个人转载、链接转贴或以其他方式复制发表时必须注明"稿件来源:我考网",违者本网将依法追究责任;

② 本网部分稿件来源于网络,任何单位或个人认为我考网发布的内容可能涉嫌侵犯其合法权益,应该及时向我考网书面反馈,并提供身份证明、权属证明及详细侵权情况证明,我考网在收到上述法律文件后,将会尽快移除被控侵权内容。

最近更新

社区交流

考试问答